Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello Summer!




This week I have decided that I am going to make the most of these next 10 weeks. I can't imagine how much life is going to change with baby number 3. There are so many things that I can do with two kids, because I have two hands:) I am more than excited to add a new baby to our family, but I am a little scared about the challenges it will bring!




Last week, which was our first week here in Harlan, was not a great week. I spent most of the week feeling sorry for myself because I had "nothing to do with the kids". Unfortunately, by feeling this way we missed out on a lot here and lost a very precious week of summer. I approached this week with a whole new attitude, and I am so glad that I did! The kids and I spent two days at Martin's Fork Lake. It is such a beautiful place! The lake is surrounded by thick, green mountains. There is a small beach with a roped off area for swimming. I have two little water bugs!






We were hoping to catch story time at the library, but the Summer program is at 2:00, which is during Kendall's nap, and I am not willing to sacrifice that! We did go to the library and get our new library cards. I let the kids pick a few books. Bradley could not believe that he got to check out 3 books! He was in book heaven:) I got Kendall a book called Pacifiers Are Not Forever. I am hoping that this will lead to her giving up the passy. More updates to come on that one!






We had a few rainy days this week, so we were on the hunt for bunk beds. I think we have found what we are looking for. Now I have to decide if we are going to let Kendall transition out of her crib. I know that it needs to happen, but she loves her bed and she is such a good sleeper. I am not sure I am ready for her to be in a "big girl" bed.






Kendall also decided this week that she is ready for panties. It is the first thing that she asks for when she wakes up in the morning. She didn't do too bad, although I have found that she is more of a 9-5 girl right now. When it is just me and the kids she is a little less distracted and more aware of when she needs to go. Once everyone gets home from work she gets so excited and looses all focus. As with the passy, more to come on this...






I discovered this week how much I love dinner time! Bradley has been saying prayer for us and his prayer last night was the best. "Dear God, thank you for this perfect day. I hope that everyday can be like today. Thank you for my family that I love so much. I will never forget you and I love you. Amen." How refreshing! I also found that I love to do dishes after dinner. When we are done eating the kids go outside to play with Daddy, so for the first time all day I get "me time". I never realized how relaxing and enjoyable it could be to very slowly and quietly clean the table and load the dish washer! When I am done I join everyone outside. The kids have had such a great time exploring the land and riding their four-wheelers. No, I did not give in, these are their age appropriate, battery powered four-wheelers!


We are now anxiously waiting for Steven to get home from work so we can go see Cars 2. Tomorrow we are headed to Louisville for the week while Steven goes to Delaware. I am so thankful that I decided to change my attitude this week. I feel so very blessed. God is good! 9 more weeks...

2 comments: